In the July 1st ’13 issue of OC Register Metro magazine we dust off the 3 piece suits, refill our Zippo lighters and stock the drink carts to pay homage to the OC ad industry in this Mad Men inspired cover story package. Metro explores how the industry has changed over the past 30 years, who the key players are … and, of course, how to stay ‘creatively inebriated’ in this cocktail feature. Six classics, with their own modern twists, round out the feature and keep our whistles wet and our words loose. Get all the recipes, or just tide yourself over until happy hour (Death & Taxes, Diablo Smash, Bistango Manhattan, Sazerac & Americano).
Classic inspired cocktail by Bistango in Irvine, CA.
- 1-1/2 shots No. 3 London Dry gin
- 1/4 shot Benedictine liqueur
- 1/2 shot cherry herring or cherry brandy
- 3 shots pineapple juice
- 1/2 shot fresh lime juice
- Splash grenadine syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Splash soda water
- Shake all ingredients with ice.
- Strain into ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with orange twist and a cherry.
Preparation time: 2min
Total time: 3min