In the July 1st ’13 issue of OC Register Metro magazine we dust off the 3 piece suits, refill our Zippo lighters and stock the drink carts to pay homage to the OC ad industry in this Mad Men inspired cover story package. Metro explores how the industry has changed over the past 30 years, who the key players are … and, of course, how to stay ‘creatively inebriated’ in this cocktail feature. Six classics, with their own modern twists, round out the feature and keep our whistles wet and our words loose. Get all the recipes, or just tide yourself over until happy hour (Death & Taxes, Bistango Manhattan, Sazerac, Americano & Singapore Sling).
Up next, the…
Classic inspired cocktail by The Cellar in Fullerton, CA.
- 1 pony shot Rancho Alrgre Blanco tequila
- 1/6 shot Sombra Mezcal
- 1/6 shot simple syrup
- 4 fresh blackberries
- 4 fresh lime wedges
- Regatta ginger beer
- Muddle 4 blackberries, 4 lime wedges and simple syrup in a mixing glass.
- Add tequila and mescal to the muddled fruit with ice, and give it a hard shake.
- Double strain over an ice block in a rocks glass.
- Top with the ginger beer.
- Garnish with a lime wheel and a blackberry.
Preparation time: 5min
Total time: 7min