In the July 1st ’13 issue of OC Register Metro magazine we dust off the 3 piece suits, refill our Zippo lighters and stock the drink carts to pay homage to the OC ad industry in this Mad Men inspired cover story package. Metro explores how the industry has changed over the past 30 years, who the key players are … and, of course, how to stay ‘creatively inebriated’ in this cocktail feature. Six classics, with their own modern twists, round out the feature and keep our whistles wet and our words loose. Get all the recipes, or just tide yourself over until happy hour (Death & Taxes, Diablo Smash, Sazerac, Americano & Singapore Sling).
Up next, the…
Classic inspired cocktail by Bistango in Irvine, CA.
- 2-1/2 shots Woodford Reserve bourbon
- 1 shot sweet vermouth
- 3 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 1 Luxardo Maraschino cherry
- In the martini glass, place 1 Luxardo Maraschino cherry with a few drops of simple syrup.
- In a shaker glass, combine bourbon, vermouth and bitters with plenty of ice.
- Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
Preparation time: 3min
Total time: 5min