Well, due to some unforeseen server issues this past couple of days/week my site has been out of commission. The daily “29″ looks to have failed, all blame on my shoulders. And Work has really put the beating on me this last couple of weeks. But all is good. I love the challenge of press deadlines. The feeling of accomplishment when the final PDF is finally sent to press and all archives are burned to DVD is pretty unmatchable. Getting to press 4 monthly and one quarterly magazines is no easy task, but the team over at Churm Media works it’s magic and we get it done. Although with the late work nights leaving little time for me to tinker with the blog, I have to pull back. As someone once said, “if you fly too close to the sun, you eventually will get burned.” I think that’s the perfect summation of the pace at which I’ve been racing for the past 2 years… Time for a slight breather to catch my breath, cool off and reenergize the creativity. Let the holidays do their magic… all I want for Christmas is new ideas.
So, it seems that something is a miss at the nine three blog. In attempting to put up post #59 wordpress has decided to stop letting me upload photos with no explanation beyond “HTTP error”. Thanks. So, unfortunately, until I can troubleshoot the hell out of this thing, looks like the blog is going on standby. Not being able to post photos does an ugly blog make … #sad.
With the sickness in full effect these last 7 days, I’ve been pretty out of commission. Laid up on a couch with my BSG (Battlestar Galactica), loaded with NyQuil and soup of the day, can-style. Without the sickness it sounds like a pretty sweet deal. Now that I’m feeling slightly human again it’s time to get this blog back on track. I’ve got about 5 or 6 posts to make up for and freelance to follow. TO THE BAT CAVE!!
This past friday was the big two nine. Another year down and one step close to that ill-fated ‘hill’. This past year has been busy, but good to me; Full-time job at Churm Media, closing the gap on a 4-year anniversary. Nearly full-time freelance position for RipeOrange as their Creative Director. And still neglecting my blog… severely, but never completely forgetting about it. This year I’ve made some resolutions to myself to turn the latter around. My goal is to update regularly with at least one tutorial/lesson per month, one design piece per week and putting my new found passion (Previous Post) for photography to the test with a photo a day. That’s right, my goal is for 429 posts to bring me to the top of the proverbial hill of life. Wish me luck, comment often and critique till your fingers can critique no more.
(note: as you may have noticed, I’m ALREADY 3 days behind… so I’m going to do some quick catch up. It’s not cheating if it’s on myself, right?)
photo by: TheRogue (via flickr)
It’s come to my attention that I’ve severly been abusing my blog. The little fellah hasn’t gotten any real love in a long time. Inspired by my new Canon T2i and a renewed thought provoking design concept/direction to take my blog, my goal is to post at LEAST one new blog a week. Even if it’s just a new photo. More long term [and time consuming] is the ellusive redesign I’ve been talking about giving my little slice of Internet life for well over a year now. Time to stop being that guy who checks in on his blog just to empty the hundereds of spam comments [thanks spambots...] and take a little more patience with myself to actually make this place what I want it to be. Sorry reality TV, I know you’ll always be there for me, but right now I just gotta dance, errr blog!!
- Last night: Chronic Cantina (Newport), Good; The Unborn, Sold out; Beers at @jeremyclover, DELICIOUS! ohh and this is tweet 100! woop woooop #
- Finally got a new #photo of myself up for my icon. I’m on the left… hoping i didn’t actually HAVE to explain that. ha! #
- Jack Bauer back with a vengeance in the new season of #24. I hope everyone watched because if was outstanding! #
- @BigHeadAsian Jack bauer could have saved you… you better have watched! Too bad we never got that #24 party organized! in reply to BigHeadAsian #
- @BigHeadAsian 24 Premier was last night! you were probably busy watching the #GoldenGlobes. Yeah… i said it. in reply to BigHeadAsian #
- @jtdesigns Seeing the same RTs can get annoying, but it’s also nice when someone RTs you something that you haven’t seen yet. in reply to jtdesigns #
- RT @JoshKemble Vote for me to get a bestee award for either “blonde on blonde” or “attack of literacy” http://www.threadless.com/bt #
- is enjoying playing with some PHP code on http://ninethreestudio.com to show future scheduled upcoming posts (with date) in the sidebar! #
- WHA WHA WHAAA?!? Tony Almeda, Bill AND Chloe still in the series. Damn you temptress that is #24. You’ve got my attention for another season #
- @BigHeadAsian I hope you’re watching right now… Bill, Tony & Chloe all rogue agents now!! WOO WOOOOO in reply to BigHeadAsian #
- rt: @xeroteam TweetBacks Beta http://tinyurl.com/9e4ank from: @danzarrella? What next.. #
- @ITSinsider You got it… work? in reply to ITSinsider #
- @theonetruebix Dollhouse? in reply to theonetruebix #
- Question for my Tweeps. Does anyone out there use Tweet Grid? Just descovered it. it’s amazing! #
- @shortyawards I vote for @danzarrella in the Shorty Awards Finals for #socialmedia because his TweetBacks stuff is redefining social media. in reply to shortyawards #
- @theonetruebix Ohh nice! Never heard of it before, but the promo looks pretty sick! in reply to theonetruebix #
- is trying out this new brightkit web application. seems promising so far. http://ow.ly/3hg #
- Laughing so hard at this Wendy’s 80′s training video http://ow.ly/3mn #
- @aprilini HAHAHA! The video for “Your dad’s music Video” is priceless. Found here… http://ow.ly/3ms in reply to aprilini #
- @justplainpaul Thanks for the RT! in reply to justplainpaul #
- @PaulWalsh I’m not one to understand this stuff, but @JeremyClover might be interested. (Hope he sees this) in reply to PaulWalsh #
- @cocotheslug *cough* OCMETRO *cough, cough* OCFAMILY *cough, cough, cough* wow. can’t get this tickle out of my throat. ;) in reply to cocotheslug #
- @splorp Big props to the hand coding. WYSIWYG programs drive me nuts! in reply to splorp #
- @imamusician16 you should daily check on http://www.dealnews.com . They always have that kind of gadgetry. in reply to imamusician16 #
- @cocotheslug haha i figured as much. i was just joshin’ ya. So how is it over at Goodwill? in reply to cocotheslug #
- @chrismoreschi CONGRATS to you and @rebeddareger in reply to chrismoreschi #
- @faryl I generally try to reply to any @ tweet that i get. And if i get a DM, i am sure to reply. in reply to faryl #
- RT @mayhemstudios: RT @Fishdogs 13 Tips to Hacking Twitter – great post by @larrychiang : http://twurl.nl/4zfete #
- @BigHeadAsian I’ve been trying to learn some #php tricks while i’m waiting for edit at Churm Media. in reply to BigHeadAsian #
- @Adora HaHa! What a miraculous thing to OH. The temptation to join in would have been unbearable in reply to Adora #
- @jdub Found you through a #design search! :) in reply to jdub #
- RT @cameronmoll: Thanks for the tip. going to have to order myself one! $10. A steal. http://typographica.org/001159.php #
- is working on a “HogTales” (Harley Owners Group magazine) cover. Hope it turns out. I’ll post when done, would love some feedback. #
- @BigHeadAsian Yeah. Good news is that i got the #php for future posts to display right on my page http://ow.ly/3v1 in reply to BigHeadAsian #
- @BigHeadAsian Next step is trying to turn it into a #wordpress #widget in reply to BigHeadAsian #
- RT @HuddyDesign: RT @JesseNewhart Apple Opens Door For Adobe Flash On The iPhone: http://bit.ly/irNu #
- RT @mashable: Totally diggin this: “Washing Machine Texts Phone When Load is Done” http://tinyurl.com/9vog6z #
- Daily FYI: Wearing Ugg boots with a mini skirt/shorts/dress/capris is NEVER an acceptable practice! #fashion #
- #Apple #iPhoto – iPhoto announces a realease of facial recognition, called Faces, to help categorize your collection! http://ow.ly/3zI #
- RT @thomashawk: Steve Jobs stepping down from CEO at Apple due to health. Medical leave of absence until the end of June. http://ff.im/BRgV #
- RT @digg_2000: “President Obama’s official portrait: the first ever taken wi” – http://tinyurl.com/8299xc #
- RT @BoingBoing: Funniest Condom Ad I’ve Seen All Year (for Durex, by Superfad) http://ow.ly/3Dn #
- #Funny – Things meatloaf would do for love… piechart. http://ow.ly/3Dz #
- RT @sh3n3rd: RT @KISSmetrics Web Design Trends For 2009 http://ow.ly/3DJ #
- Work, work, go away. Come again… next week! haha. Morning Tweeps!! #
- DAILY FYI: Don’t drive while blindfolded. It scares the passengers. ;) #
- Self goal for the first quarter of ’09: Learn #jQuery – Anyone got any pointers? #
- @ubax Thank you. I can’t take credit for writing it, but i think i did add one to the end. in reply to ubax #
- Does anyone know of a web app that can check a user uploaded PDF for press check? or any ideas how to program such a thing?! #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
Visit the previous post. Please visit and feel free to participate any time.