First off, let me say thank you Design Bump for leading me to this post, and secondly a big thank you to Sverre Sjøthun at Crestock.com for making this AWESOME List. I can in no way take credit for this, but i sure as hell can 95% relate to it. ahhhhhh, the good life of a designer. Look out world, we’re over-worked, under-paid and looking for our bosses to get all our hard earned recognitions. (kick up the feet on the desk and bask in the goodness)
- You smile that spanking-kind-of-smile when you use the CSS property: padding-bottom.
- You know exactly what I’m referring to when I say “Make my logo bigger”.
- Every now and then you go through a ‘herbal tea’ phase to try and reduce your dependence to coffee, but you always go back to the inky demon eventually.
- You’ve caught yourself more than once hitting CTRL or CMD+N when you need a coffee refill…
- Sleep and nighttime are no longer irrevocably linked.
- You have woken up in the middle of the
night yoursleep and started recreating the dream you just had in Photoshop.
- When getting up, you wish you had a healing brush/patch tool for those unsightly blemishes and undereye luggage.
- Your keyboard could definitely be someone’s grocery list – you’re eating there constantly.
- You know several Photoshop shortcuts that require 4 fingers (Shift+Ctrl+Alt+K anyone?).
- Whenever you see fog on a forested hillside, you think, nature is making a gaussian blur.
- You’re sitting in the movie theater watching the movie titles, shaking your head at how badly they’re kerned.
- Your biggest fear is Papyrus becoming the new Comic Sans.
- If you could go back in time you wouldn’t go back to see the rise and fall of civilizations, you’d go back in time to destroy Comic Sans and Papyrus.
- Your most romantic date was when you went to see Helvetica by Gary Hustwit.
- You’ve considered naming your children things like ‘Kern’, ‘Pica’, ‘Bézier’, ‘Nyala’, and ‘Serif’.
- You are trying catch the post-it notes at your monitor with your cursor.
- You know that, by default, if three designs are shown to a client, your least favorite will be chosen – or any combination of worst components of each.
- You also know that if you ask for more copy it will be sent as a Jpeg; If you ask for images they will be sent as PowerPoint presentations; if you ask for a vector logo, it’ll come in the form of a Gif – from their website.
- You have an uncanny ability to automatically see when something is lined up properly without the need for tools or devices, for instance if a shelf is straight, and where the center of the wall is to hang a picture.
- And as a direct cause, get an almost uncontrollable urge to adjust a painting that’s tilted ever so slightly.
- And when in doubt, you automatically think CTRL or CMD+;
- When girls are picking up Vogue and Cosmopolitan drooling over the latest trend in eye makeup and trying to figure out how to accomplish the the same effect, you’re drooling over the most amazing 2 page advertising spread you’ve ever seen – trying to figure out how to accomplish the the same Photoshop effect…
- You actually understand this post and pass it on to your